Hyde Park’s Bike Ministry continues to roll along and is very much in need of more volunteers. While there is always room for new mechanics, we also have non-mechanical need such as:
- metal recycling once a month
- intake assistance for an hour on Sunday mornings to tag bikes with people’s names and the repairs required
- storeroom organization once a month
- donation intake and processing
- storage for bikes near the church
- transporting donation bikes to and from storage
We currently have a small crew of three mechanics working up to 5 hours on 20 bikes on any given Sunday morning and would appreciate some additional assistance.
We will hold be a Bike Repair Training Class held from 8-10 a.m. on Saturday May 11, in the carport of the Madison building, corner of Magnolia and Azeele. You can meet everyone and find out how you might want to participate, or just learn more about bikes. You can also use our tools to work on your own bikes, if you would like to bring them.
While we try to offer services on a weekly basis, this all depends on the manpower available to facilitate them.
Please feel free to contact Maria Colfer at email@example.com with any questions or to sign up for the class.