Enjoy games, food and fun with your family at our Family Fun Night Kick Off 6-8 p.m. Sept. 15 in the Harnish Activities Center!
This will be the first of a series of Family Fun Nights hosted by Children’s Ministries at Hyde Park United Methodist. Fellowship with other families while enjoying food, bounce houses, a rock climbing wall, and more!
Everyone is welcome to this event, so feel free to invite your friends, family and neighbors. A donation of $10 per family is suggested.
Questions? Contact Kristin Passath.
Happy new Sunday Morning Live year!
Move Up Sunday, Aug. 13, is the official start of the new year in Children’s Ministries and when our children move up to their new Sunday Morning Live small group class to match their age and/or grade for the 2017-18 school year.
Sunday Morning Live is for children age 3 through 5th grade at 9:30 and 11 a.m. in the Wesley Center. At Sunday Morning Live, children encounter Jesus in an age-appropriate way, learning practical truths while having fun!
Questions? Contact Kristin Passath.
Use your gifts to make God’s love real to the families of Hyde Park United Methodist! What you do with your time matters and you can make a difference in the life of a child!
Opportunities to serve during this school year (2017-18) include:
Preschool (3-4-K)/9:30 a.m. Sundays
- Adult shepherds for the 3-year-old small group
- Adult shepherds for the Kindergarten small group
- Youth or Adult tech volunteers
Preschool (3-4-K)/11 a.m. Sundays
- Adult Large Group Leaders
- Adult shepherds and youth
Elementary (Grades 1-5)/9:30 a.m. Sundays
- Youth and an adult shepherd for 1st grade
- Youth and an adult shepherd for 4th grade
- Youth for 5th grade
Elementary (Grades 1-5)/11 a.m. Sundays
Contact Kristin if you are interested in helping in any of these areas.
Have you said “yes” to volunteering with our children, youth or adult groups? Join us for a leadership training event 5:30-8 p.m. Wednesday Aug. 2 in the Harnish Activities Center.
The event will be a great opportunity to focus on team building, individual leadership and learn helpful tips to improve your skills.
Do you need childcare? RSVP to Kathy DiRaimo for children and youth or Glenn Simpson for adults.
Volunteering this year, but unable to make your training? Contact Kathy DiRaimo for children and youth or Glenn Simpson for adults.
Kristin Passath, Director of Children’s Ministries at Hyde Park United Methodist wants to thank the congregation and the volunteers that made VBS possible.
“THANK YOU to all our amazing VBS volunteers! It was an incredible week of faith building fun and we couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you for sharing Jesus’s love with over 400 children at Maker Fun Factory! What you do matters!”
View photos from the week below:
Sunday Morning Live is worship just for kids, but what about when you want to worship together as a family?
Helpful Hints for Attending Worship Together
Preparation before Sunday:
- Read the scripture for Sunday’s sermon together beforehand.
- Discuss your family’s expectations for worship behavior and participation.
- Let your child(ren) know you are happy to be worshiping together.
Ways for Children to Participate in Worship:
- Let the whole family take turns choosing which service you go to.
- Consider sitting in the Sanctuary balcony if you are concerned about movement or activity.
- Help them follow the order of worship in the bulletin.
- Let them fill out a connection card with their prayer requests on the back – either written or as a picture depending on their abilities.
- Let them put the connection cards and money in the offering plates.
- Help them find the hymns and scriptures in the hymnal and pew Bible, even though they are projected on the screens.
- Encourage the use of the children’s worship bulletins which include a Children’s Worship Guide. Kids can receive a special treat by turning in the completed guide.
- Point out specific things that might interest them; how fast the drummer’s sticks move, the way the choir sings all the words together, what color shirt the preacher is wearing, etc.
- After service, have your family share one thing they learned in worship that day.
Most of all, relax and know that we are glad you are here. See you in worship!
Questions? Email Kristin Passath, Dir. of Children’s Ministries or call 813.253.5388, ext. 233