During these unique times, we want to encourage you to keep attending church as a family…at home!
For adults, that can be as easy as tuning in to the live stream Facebook Live or Church Online.
But what does it look like to have Children’s Ministries virtually?
- Join our Children’s Ministries Facebook group for weekly updates, fun and family engagement
- Worship with us via Zoom* at 10:15 a.m. on Sundays for “Virtual Sunday Morning Live!”
- Use this Children’s Home Bulletin when your kiddos are attending service at home with you
- Stay informed with our weekly Children’s Enews (Emailed out on Wednesdays)
- Use these tips for Children’s Ministries while social distancing.
- Use the links below to worship together at home as a family with age appropriate Bible lessons and videos
With these resources, you can participate in Children’s Ministries from wherever you are!
*Zoom password: the code for the Wesley Center door*
First Look – Preschoolers
Based on three simple, but powerful, truths, the entire curriculum is constructed to meet your preschoolers where they are cognitively, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially. Through age appropriate activities, preschoolers are building their spiritual foundation so that by the time they graduate from Kindergarten they know these three basic truths:
God Made Me
God Loves Me
Jesus Wants To Be My Friend Forever
Toddlers and 2s
252 Kids – Grades 1-5
Dedicated to helping children grow in wisdom, faith and friendship, it is designed to shape identity through planting these truths in the heart of every elementary-age child:
• I need to make the wise choice. (Wisdom)
• I can trust God no matter what. (Faith)
• I should treat others the way I want to be treated. (Friendship)
1st – 4th Grade
Questions? Contact Kristin!
The children’s team has compiled some tools and information that might be helpful for you as your family navigates the days and weeks ahead.
Sunday videos and lesson plans for your family to continue using our curriculum with church at home will be sent out each week in our Children’s Ministries E-news. Complete this form and select the Children’s Ministries box.
We will be sharing some ways to virtually interact as a church family while we are physically separated in our Children’s Ministries Facebook group.
The Parent Cue blog from our friends at Orange (the curriculum we use on Sundays) shared a great post about managing fear and anxiety during a health pandemic.
The creator of our Wednesday night curriculum, Go!, posted a message for kids about Coronavirus.
Our friends at Illustrated Ministry are offering free, faith formation resources for all ages.
This article is about parenting well in the midst of a pandemic.
Free Faith-based videos for kids at Crossroads Kid’s Club
Bible verses to share with kids about courage
Tips for teaching kids at home due to the Coronavirus
Anxiety Conversation Guides – helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Download these Preschool or Elementary resources to find tips and practical ways to help your children
Top Books for kids to read while stuck inside
PBS on how to talk to you kids about what is going on
Resources not only on the virus but also on overall good health habits from Sesame Street
A well written article on COVID-19 from Healthy Children
Homeschooling Tips for amateurs