Vision Chat Training Video
Your group can shape the direction of the church by holding a vision chat! All it takes is a simple, 8-minute training video, a toolbox we’ll provide, a facilitator and scribe, and three questions. View the 8-minute training video below, and pick up your toolbox by contacting Nicki Taylor. All vision chats must be held on or before April 19.
There’s no one secret to the success of groups and classes
Here is a helpful list of guidelines for group leaders and participants:
- Frame every gathering in prayer.
- Always include scripture.
- Commit to honesty and confidentiality
- Attend faithfully.
- Accept differing points of view.
- Hold one another accountable.
- Pray for one another daily.
These resources will help prepare you:
- Cokesbury – Online Bookstore of the United Methodist Church
- Upper Room Bookstore – Focus on Spiritual Growth Resources
Inspiration and Devotion
- Upper Room Devotional – Daily devotional with scripture from the United Methodist Church
- Sacred Space – Daily guided prayer from the Irish Jesuits
- d365 – Daily guided prayer experience from the Episcopal church, Presbyterian Church USA and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- 10 Great Dates to Energize Your Marriage, Arp
- Zimsum of Love, Bell
- The Five Love Languages, Chapman
- Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage, Gungor
- Love to Stay: Sex, Grace and Commitment, Hamilton
- Your Time-Starved Marriage, Parrott
- iMarriage – Transforming Your Expectations, Stnaley
- Because Great Marriages Just Don’t Happen
- 4 Season’s Marriage, Gary Chapman
- Scary Close, Donald Miller
- Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas
- Team Us – Marriage Together, Ashleigh Slater
- The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted, Gary Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages of Children, Gary Chapman
Do you feel led to be a facilitator of a group or class for adults
at Hyde Park United Methodist?
- Read through the Expectations for Adult Education Facilitators and see what is required.
- Contact Glenn to set up a time to discuss how you could serve.You may also want to browse the different ministry descriptions above for more information about specific roles.