Mission Trip Forms
All forms are required for all mission trips unless noted. All forms are electronic PDFs that can be filled out and saved on your computer. To do so, you must have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. Click here to download the latest free version of Adobe. To save the information in the PDF file you must hit the floppy disk symbol in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Once the files are saved onto your computer, send them as an attachment via email to Vicki Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms denoted with an * indicate that they must be printed out and signed by a notary or doctor.
- Hyde Park General Mission Trip Application
- Background Check Form
- Cuba Mission Trip Form
- UMVIM – Medical Authorization and Release of Claim *
- UMVIM – Missioner Profile
- UMVIM – Notification of Death
- UMVIM – Physician Release*
- UMVIM – Parental Consent* (Family Nicaragua Mission Trip Only)
- El Ayudante Medical Release Form* (Nicaragua Mission Trips Only)
- El Ayudante Release of Claim (Nicaragua Mission Trips Only)
- Rose Whiteside Mission Trip Scholarship Application
- The 2016 Cuba Mission Trip took place June 4-11, 2016. Stay tuned for information about the next trip.
- If you have an interest in serving abroad in Cuba next summer contact Drema Muller for more information.
- The 2013 Cuba UMVIM Mission Trip consisted of 24 team members. The team traveled to Havana and assisted the Methodist seminary in building housing for visiting seminary professors. Opportunities existed for interacting, praying and worshiping on a daily basis with members of the church, as well as those at the Methodist Center in Havana. In addition to construction work, the team was able to worship, witness the Holy Spirit and participate in worship services of local Methodist churches.
- Mission trips to Cuba through UMVIM are assigned by the Bishop of the Methodist Church in Cuba based on the needs of the people and its churches.
Photos from Cuba:
Photos from our sister church in Cuba:
- South Africa Mission Trip will take place Fall 2016. Learn more.
- The South Africa Initiative is a multidimensional program designed to offer the opportunity to experience the fears, hurts, needs and hopes of the disadvantaged in South Africa. Hyde Park United Methodist is partnered with Pinetown Methodist Church in Durban and Northfield Methodist Church in Johannesburg, which in turn utilizes the skill and talents of our team members to make God’s love real to our brothers and sisters who are suffering.
- During the mission trips, the team has meetings with ministers, attends services, visits preschools and spends time with people in their homes and places of gathering. In many ways, making such a trip is one extended worship experience that can take you to a new place in your spiritual journey.
- The Rev. Trevor Hudson, a South African Methodist pastor, authored a book, A Mile in My Shoes, that forms the basis of our mission trips. Trevor encourages us to embark on a Pilgrimage of Pain and Hope through which we are transformed into more compassionate and concerned people. Trevor reminds us, “as we share personally with those who suffer, put names to faces, listen to life stories, receive the gifts they offer…we learn to see things differently. These personal encounters help pilgrims see the suffering neighbor…made in the image of God and in whom Christ dwells.”
- Without exception, it will leave an indelible imprint. Consider joining us as we encounter “our suffering neighbor” on our journey to recognize Christ in the last, the least and the lost. Thanks to those whose donations are helping us transform lives, create Christian community and heal the world.
- For more information, contact Mandelyn Cloninger.
- Nicaragua Adult Mission Trip, Oct. 25 – Nov. 5, 2016. For more information, contact Glenn Simpson.
- Hyde Park United Methodist has a partnership with El Ayudante in Leon, Nicaragua. El Ayudante is dedicated to partnering with the Nicaraguan people to transform the nation—one child, one family, and one community at a time. This will be the ninth mission team in the same facility. Team members provide a variety of services including education for preschool and elementary children, medical care, and construction.
- Click here to view more information about traveling to Nicaragua. Includes information about preparing for travel, immunizations, and the history and culture of the country.
- View the video below to see a slideshow created by those who went on our 2013 Nicaragua trip.
- The 2016 Family Mission Trip to Nicaragua was June 11-18. Stay tuned for information about the next trip.
- On this trip, the team works with El Ayudante, a mission in Leon, Nicaragua. This mission is dedicated to partnering with the Nicaraguan people to transform the nation—one child, one family, and one community at a time.
- For more information, contact Amy Isel.