How to Join
The New Member Class is open to everyone, no matter where you are on your faith journey.
Membership at Hyde Park is a public affirmation of your commitment to Jesus Christ and support for the ministries of this church and the United Methodist Church.
Are you ready to take the next step in your faith journey, which God has been leading you on since before you knew it? Membership here is a gift from God, and it is our privilege to be part of your journey.
Step One: Participate in the next New Member Class
The new member class is six weeks long. Sessions are based on our mission of “Making God’s Love Real,” God’s vision for our community and your journey as a disciple of Christ Meets in the Chapel Lobby, Hyde Park campus. For information about upcoming class dates, please email the Rev. Debbie Casanzio.
Step Two: Recite the vows that you will make to Christ and the church.
After completing the class, you will participate in the joining vows in worship at the service you regularly attend.
Plan to Attend an Upcoming Class
New Member classes are six weeks in length. The courses start on different days/times
to help you find the one that works best for you. All classes are held on our Hyde Park campus.
The location is indicated on the registration form.
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Jan. 22 and continuing weekly through Feb. 19. Participants join on Sunday, Feb. 23.
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. beginning Sunday, March 1 and continuing weekly through March 29. Participants join on Sunday, April 5.
- This class is offered through a Zoom meeting beginning Sunday, June 14 continuing weekly through July 19. Day of the week may vary.
Participants join on Sunday, July 26.
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Sept. 9 and continuing weekly through Oct. 14. Participants join on Sunday, Oct. 18.
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. beginning Wednesday, Oct. 25 and continuing weekly through Dec. 6. Participants join on Sunday, Dec. 13.
Ways to Join
Profession of faith — a first-time commitment to Christ through the sacrament of baptism*
Reaffirmation of faith — a reaffirmation of your commitment to Christ
Transfer of membership from another United Methodist church
Transfer of membership from another denomination