We believe it is important to invest in higher education for eligible high school, college and seminary students. Below is a list of scholarship opportunities provided by Hyde Park United Methodist and by other United Methodist agencies.
Hyde Park United Methodist Scholarship Applications
There are currently three Hyde Park United Methodist scholarship opportunities available: one is for high school seniors, one for college students (associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or vocational certificate) and one for divinity students. The deadline for applying for any of the Hyde Park scholarships is March 30, 2020.
- High School Seniors | Required Reference Form (high school application only)
- College (This scholarship is available to individuals who are currently pursuing a post secondary education towards a Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s Degree or a Vocational Certificate. Individuals pursuing a Master’s or Doctorate degree are not eligible for this scholarship.)
The Florida United Methodist Foundation Sinclair Scholarship
The Florida United Methodist Foundation Sinclair scholarship is for high school seniors. Click here for the scholarship application and instructions about other required documents. The deadline to apply is March 15, 2020.
The General Board of Higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church
The General Board of Higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church scholarship administers more than 70 scholarship programs with one general application. Criteria for each scholarship program vary; however, there are minimum requirements that apply for general eligibility consideration. Click here for eligibility and application information.
Click here for the scholarship application of the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church. The deadline for students to apply is March 5, 2020. This application is for scholarships for the fall 2020 semester and is open to any college student at any grade level who will be enrolled full-time for the fall semester with at least a 2.5 GPA. Students must also have at least a one-year membership with the United Methodist Church to be eligible to receive an award.
Other Scholarship Resources
- Financial Aid & Scholarships – https://www.christiancolleges.com/resources/financial-aid/
- Financial Aid & Scholarships for Minority Students – https://www.christiancolleges.com/resources/minority-students-financial-aid/
- Financial Aid & Scholarships for Military & Veterans– https://www.christiancolleges.com/resources/military-and-veterans-financial-aid/
Hillsborough County Social Services
Hillsborough County Social Services, in partnership with the Community Action Board, is now accepting applications for its annual Community Action Board (CAB) Scholarship program that assists with post-secondary education tuition. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges or four-year universities.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant’s household income must fall within 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines