Sunday Morning Live is worship just for kids, but what about when you want to worship together as a family?
Helpful Hints for Attending Worship Together
Preparation before Sunday:
- Read the scripture for Sunday’s sermon together beforehand.
- Discuss your family’s expectations for worship behavior and participation.
- Let your child(ren) know you are happy to be worshiping together.
Ways for Children to Participate in Worship:
- Let the whole family take turns choosing which service you go to.
- Consider sitting in the Sanctuary balcony if you are concerned about movement or activity.
- Help them follow the order of worship in the bulletin.
- Let them fill out a connection card with their prayer requests on the back – either written or as a picture depending on their abilities.
- Let them put the connection cards and money in the offering plates.
- Help them find the hymns and scriptures in the hymnal and pew Bible, even though they are projected on the screens.
- Encourage the use of the children’s worship bulletins which include a Children’s Worship Guide. Kids can receive a special treat by turning in the completed guide.
- Point out specific things that might interest them; how fast the drummer’s sticks move, the way the choir sings all the words together, what color shirt the preacher is wearing, etc.
- After service, have your family share one thing they learned in worship that day.
Most of all, relax and know that we are glad you are here. See you in worship!
Questions? Email Kristin Passath, Dir. of Children’s Ministries or call 813.253.5388, ext. 233