- 1 Dry Branch (at least 2 ft. high)
- 1 quart size mason jar
- smooth river stones
- decorative moss
- 12-inch ribbon
- metal rim marking tags
Tree of Thanks
Start the Tree of Thanks as a fun Thanksgiving tradition and keep it displayed year-round as a reminder of the many things for which you are thankful.
You can build your own Tree of Thanks by following these steps:
- Find a branch that has fallen off a tree in your yard and put it in a quart size mason jar.
- Then secure it by filling the jar with smooth river stones and top the stones off with decorative moss.
- Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar.
- Then set out a bowl of metal rim marking tags and pens.
- As each family member thinks of things they are thankful for, write that word on one of the tags and then tie it on to the branch as if it were a leaf.
- It’s exciting to see the tree branch slowly fill up with “leaves” of thankfulness.