Baltic Methodist Theological Seminary (BMTS), our mission partner, is the largest United Methodist seminary in Europe, and serves students from eight countries who study in three languages: Estonian, Russian and English. Their newsletter is titled PrayerChain and the latest edition was published in September, 2020. It begins with a message from Külli Tõniste, Rector. Here’s an excerpt:
The new school year and the new normal. On August 25th our second and third year (formerly first and second year) students returned to their studies. It was different. While most students returned in person, some students participated in studies online.
Seeing our students, two things were obvious: first, we are all glad the 6 months of separation was over and, second, this Covid time was not easy for any of us. Everyone lived through the pandemic in a different way. As Lamentations 1:12a puts it: “Look and see if there is any sorrow like my sorrow”.
Read their newsletter
Shining The Light Ministry, a mission partner of Hyde Park United Methodist, is located in Nicaragua and recently sent photos of the work they are doing to distribute medication. Shining The Light Ministry continues to do God’s work despite the challenges in Nicaragua.
Good Samaritan Mission, our mission partner, is hosting Good Samaritan Markets on the first Sunday of each month through the end of the year. These outdoor events are not only family-friendly, they are also safer than indoor events in the era of the pandemic. The next one, a Community Flea Market, is scheduled for 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 5. It’s a great alternative to a yard sale. Sign up for their “10-10-10 Deal” and get a 10′ X 10′ space for $10. Call Carolyn Scott (813.833.2436) to reserve your spot.
Hyde Park’s Little Dresses Ministry continues to adapt to the current need for masks. In anticipation of the school’s reopening, they produced 483 masks which were delivered to Dunbar. The masks and the volunteers were received with great enthusiasm before the staff dashed off to continue to prepare! The principal and other staff members expressed their thanks to members of the team. Want to volunteer? Email Kathy Madden.
Love INC, our mission partner, exists only to serve its member churches. Mobilizing churches, their members and resources produces volunteers that are Love INC trained to provide a variety of direct services to guests entrusted to our ministry.
In the August edition of the Love INC newsletter:
- Prayer Support
- Donate including In-kind donations: media/promotion/office supplies, etc.
- Five Warm Introductions to new member churches.
- Ten new Help Center Volunteers: 9 – 1 p.m. Wednesdays – Fridays and flexible assignments to meet your schedule.
- Five new volunteer Resource Navigators: In order to fully implement our REACH initiative, five volunteers willing to faith journey in a one to one relationship as mentor coach to participate in creating a success plan to improve the future of guests with long-term challenges.
- Five volunteers willing to be trained as facilitators for REACH Program.
- Interns year round including Media volunteer: media savvy student with iPhone in back pocket to help update our busy media platforms.
- New or gently used, updated computers and laptops for guest who are planning to return to school/training programs.
- Replenish low Love INC Dental Ministry fund to help pay guest lab fees.
- Corporate Sponsors for breakfast events and/or programing.