There’s no one secret to the success of groups and classes
Here is a helpful list of guidelines for group leaders and participants:
- Frame every gathering in prayer.
- Always include scripture.
- Commit to honesty and confidentiality
- Attend faithfully.
- Accept differing points of view.
- hold on another accountable.
- Pray for one another daily.
These resources will help prepare you:
- Cokesbury – Online Bookstore of the United Methodist Church
- Upper Room Bookstore – Focus on Spiritual Growth Resources
Inspiration and Devotion
- Upper Room Devotional – Daily devotional with scripture from the United Methodist Church
- Sacred Space – Daily guided prayer from the Irish Jesuits
- d365 – Daily guided prayer experience from the Episcopal church, Presbyterian Church USA and Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
How to Become a Group Leader
Do you feel led to be a facilitator of a group or class for adults
at Hyde Park United Methodist?
- Read through the Expectations for Adult Education Facilitators and see what is required.
- Contact Glenn to set up a time to discuss how you could serve.You may also want to browse the different ministry descriptions above for more information about specific roles.