Hyde Park United Methodist is a vibrant 2,000 member, century-old, urban congregation committed to Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, united in the love of God and called to make that love real to others. We are about transforming lives, creating Christian community and healing the city and the world. If you are interested in making God’s love real with us, view our open employment opportunities below.
Director of Discipleship Ministries (Full-Time)
We are seeking a We are seeking a full-time Director of Discipleship Ministries who will be lead and facilitate staff and layperson teams in fulfilling our church’s mission and helping the congregation grow in their faith along the discipleship journey. Emphasis is on equipping and connecting disciples, both “on campus” and virtually, as we navigate through a rapidly changing digital culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with some emphasis on religious study.
- 5+ years of hands on management and team leadership experience.
- Strong passion and experience in shepherding people’s discipleship.
- Must be tech savvy, with solid digital communications skills and experience.
- Training or experience in the equipping organizational model.
- Ability to lead teams and sub-teams on a large organizational level.
- Strong understanding of systems and database concepts.
- Proficient in understanding and use of social media platforms.
- Relevant experience in a large United Methodist church.