Hyde Park’s Bike Ministry continues to roll along and is very much in need of more volunteers. While there is always room for new mechanics, we also have non-mechanical need such as:
- metal recycling once a month
- intake assistance for an hour on Sunday mornings to tag bikes with people’s names and the repairs required
- storeroom organization once a month
- donation intake and processing
- storage for bikes near the church
- transporting donation bikes to and from storage
We currently have a small crew of three mechanics working up to 5 hours on 20 bikes on any given Sunday morning and would appreciate some additional assistance. While we try to offer services on a weekly basis, this all depends on the manpower available to facilitate them.
Email Maria Colfer with questions or to volunteer.