Congregational Care Ministries
At Hyde Park United Methodist, we are honored to walk beside you through life’s experiences and celebrations, such as births, baptisms, weddings and funerals.
We offer guidance through:
- Hospital visits
- Support groups
- Pastoral counseling
To request prayer support, please complete our Prayer Requests and Praises form.
For guidance on types of prayer, please download our booklet on the topic, “Methods of Prayer.”
Learn about the latest research.
Join us. Be inspired by the depth, breadth and benefits of Alzheimer’s and dementia research. Discover advancements in risk reduction as well as caregiver, diagnostic and biomedical studies.
- Advancing the Science: Alzheimer’s and Dementia Research
- Healthy Living for the Brain and Body: Tips from the Latest Research
Learn more about local research and programs such as Axiom Clinical Trials, USF Cognitive Aging Lab, Stedman Clinical Trails, TrialMatch, and more.
This important event is 1-3:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 10 in the Harnish Activities Center, 500 Platt St., Tampa 33606.
Learn how to keep your brain healthy and get free screenings!
Join Dr. Susan Steen, one of Tampa’s leading neurologists and Alzheimer’s experts, and her staff for a free presentation on “ACTI-V8 YOUR BRAIN” for tips on how to keep your brain healthy as you age!
- Free screenings available at expo include: memory, blood pressure, hearing, BMI, and glucose!
- Information tables will be available for speech therapy and healthy eating.
- Demonstrations will be available for physical therapy and balance.
- The Alzheimer’s Association Memory Mobile will be on site with resources.
- Free table giveaways and drawing for door prizes!
This event is for individuals aged 50+ and includes breakfast.
This event is free, but registration is required. Register online.
Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Location: Hyde Park United Methodist, 500 W. Platt Street, Tampa
This year’s Gasparilla Pirate Fest is just weeks away! Member’s of Hyde Park’s PrimeTimers small group will be hosting their annual “fun-raiser” and you can share in the fun! Stop by their table in the Courtyard Sunday, Jan. 13 and volunteer to help out! Meet an old friend or make a new one! Contact Linda Brown, email, or Sally Campbell-Evans, email, for more information.