Explore Faith. Meet People. Deepen Your Discipleship.
We offer group experiences for beginners to the deeply devoted.
Bible Project 2020
In 2020, Hyde Park United Methodist is taking on an exciting and ambitious journey: The Bible Project 2020! Together, we will journey through the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, finding inspiration and encouragement along the way for our life stories in God’s story.
Small groups are forming to provide support, share fellowship and grow together as we read through the Bible together. View the list below for both new and existing groups that are ready to welcome you!
Interested in starting your own Bible Project 2020 small group? Great! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started.
New Bible Project 2020 Groups
- 6 p.m. Sundays in Knox Hall Room 152 (during Merge) // Facilitators: Allison Reed, Jill Krantz
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at The Portico // Facilitators: KC Hopkinson, Shelton Bridges, Mandy Cloninger
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in Knox Hall Room 150 // Facilitators: Jim Cloar and Bernie and Cindy Lieving
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in Knox Hall Room 153 // Facilitators: Chris Anastasiou, Gary Heckman
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in Knox Hall Rooms 156/157 // Facilitators: Ericka and Joe Franz, Steve Crawford, Linda Aiken
- Noon Thursdays in Knox Hall Room 153 // Facilitators: Celia Ferman, Mat Hotho, David and Carrie Dortch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursdays in Knox Hall Room 151 // Facilitator: Lucretia Murphy
Existing Small Groups
- 9:30 a.m. Sundays in Knox Hall Room 150 (The Forum Group)
- 9:30 a.m. Sundays in Knox Hall Rooms 156/157 (Faith Builders Group)
- 10:45 a.m. Sundays in Knox Hall Room 152 (Open Door Group)
- 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays in Knox Hall Room 153 (Working Women’s Group)
- 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays in Knox Hall Room 152 (Replenish Group)
- 10 a.m. Wednesdays in Knox Hall Room 151 (Palermo Women’s Group)
- Noon Wednesdays in Knox Hall Room 157 (Langel Men’s Group)
- Noon Fridays at The Portico (Downtown Mid-Day Men’s Group)
- Online (Facebook Sermon Discussion Group)
The Disciple’s Path
“A Disciple’s Path” also is available as a small group study, with workbooks and videos, and completion of the course is the prerequisite for joining the church. Six week classes are offered throughout the year. Here is the schedule of our upcoming classes in 2020:
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Jan. 22
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. Sundays, beginning March 1
- An online Zoom class on a day to be determined, beginning June 14
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Sept. 9
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. Sundays, beginning Oct. 25
View online and downloadable resources for facilitators of groups and classes.