Our mission to Make God’s Love Real hasn’t changed. Our goals of sharing the message of God’s grace and forgiveness, bringing healing to our city and the world, and inviting people to follow Jesus are as urgent as ever.
We can no longer assume the church has the same stature, authoritative voice or appeal as it once did in our culture. The world is changing and Tampa is changing, too.
That’s why this church is currently working on a long-term strategic plan that will set the course for our future. Since the formation of the Vision Team last October, its 16 members have been hard at work establishing the visioning process that will constitute much of our upcoming year. Read more about this in Magrey’s Midweek Message here.
- Engaging a sustained effort to discern how the Spirit intends to use Hyde Park – it’s people, its service, and its worship – to make God’s love real (John 21:15-17) and make disciples (Matthew 28:19), both today and in the future
- God is calling Hyde Park UMC to an exciting future: one where we are making God’s love real in all the ways we can, in all the places we can, and to all the people we can
- The world is changing, but our mission has not
- People think the world is becoming more separated and more divided
- Hyde Park UMC can play an important and practical role as repairer and restorer of these divisions (Isaiah 58:12)
- Met with leaders of the church’s ministries
- Met with the church’s elected committee leaders
- Met with program staff
- Asked for the congregation’s “headline” visions
- Reviewed data on the demographics and engagement of our church members
- Listening mode and further data gathering – primarily through Vision Chats with both the general congregation as well as small groups
- Be in prayer that our congregation hears and discerns the Spirit’s word to us
- Participate in a Vision Chat
We want to hear from you! Participate in a Visioning Chat on March 25
(Morning chats on Hyde Park campus // Evening chats on The Portico campus)
March 25 – 9:45 a.m. // 4:15 p.m. // 6:45 p.m. REGISTER