Explore Faith. Meet People. Deepen Your Discipleship.
We offer group experiences for beginners to the deeply devoted.
Bible Project 2020
In 2020, Hyde Park United Methodist is taking on an exciting and ambitious journey: The Bible Project 2020! Together, we will journey through the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, finding inspiration and encouragement along the way for our life stories in God’s story.
Small groups are available digitally during this time of social distancing to provide support, share fellowship and grow together as we read through the Bible together. View the list below for both new and existing groups that are ready to welcome you!
Interested in starting your own Bible Project 2020 small group? Great! Contact email@example.com to get the process started.
New Bible Project 2020 Groups
- 6 p.m. Sundays (Zoom) // Facilitators: Allison Reed, Jill Krantz
- 8 p.m. Sundays (Zoom) // Facilitators: Mamie Wise, Robert Cleveland, Esther and John Mathew
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays (Zoom) // Facilitators: Chris Anastasiou, Gary Heckman
- Noon Thursdays (Zoom) // Facilitators: Nicki Taylor, David and Carrie Dortch
- 6:30 p.m. Thursdays (Zoom) // Facilitator: Lucretia Murphy
Existing Small Groups
- 9:30 a.m. Sundays (Zoom, The Forum Group)
- 9:30 a.m. Sundays (Zoom, the Faith Builders Group)
- 9:30 a.m. Sundays (Conference Call, Open Arms Group)
- 10:45 a.m. Sundays (Zoom, Open Door Group)
- 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays (Zoom, Working Women’s Group)
- 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays (Zoom, Replenish Group)
- 10 a.m. Wednesdays (Conference Call, Palermo Women’s Group)
- Noon Wednesdays (Zoom, Langel Men’s Group)
- Noon Wednesdays (Zoom, Women’s Lunchtime Group)
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays (Zoom, Young Couples’ Group)
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays (WebEx, The Travelers’ Group)
- Online (Facebook Sermon Discussion Group)
The Disciple’s Path
“A Disciple’s Path” also is available as a small group study, with workbooks and videos, and completion of the course is the prerequisite for joining the church. Six week classes are offered throughout the year. Here is the schedule of our upcoming classes in 2020:
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. beginning Tuesday, June 23 and continuing weekly through July 28
- 6:30-7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, beginning Sept. 9
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. Sundays, beginning Oct. 25
View online and downloadable resources for facilitators of groups and classes.