Children’s Ministries Volunteers: Let us say “Thank you and Merry Christmas”!
Stop by anytime 9 – 11 a.m. Dec. 12. Wesley Center lobby.
Enjoy some Christmas Cheer: Coffee or cocoa from our hot chocolate bar and Christmas treats, brought just for you from our church families!
Families: Show your appreciation for our volunteers by bringing in treats! Sign up here!
Questions? Ask Melissa!
Children’s Ministries has three resources for your family this Advent season.
Pick one or use them all – whatever works best for your family!
- Illustrated Advent for Families from Illustrated Ministry.
Take time each week during the Advent season to be intentional and focus on your faith.
The stories of Advent are stories for hard times. Jesus was born amid upheaval and historical change and among people who seemed powerless. But when the world feels hopeless, Advent reminds us God is with us.
- In chaos, God is with us.
- In suffering, God is with us.
- In uncertainty, God is with us.
- In whatever our family endures, God is with us.
This Advent resource invites your family to explore the ways in which Emmanuel, God-with-us, brings hope, peace, joy, and love to your home and community, especially during hard times. Use this Advent guide to center your thoughts on the ever-present hope that sees us through change and challenge. Each week you will explore how the good news of God-with-us changes our perspective and gives us courage for each day. We rejoice in Jesus’ birth because God is with us!
2. Activity Advent: A new take on the Traditional Advent Calendar.
Advent is a time of anticipation for the birth of Jesus. And we know that between work, school, Christmas plays and programs, shopping, and more, it’s hard to keep focused on the real reason for celebrating Christmas. But here’s help!
This fun and simple activity will get your family talking, encouraging each other, having fun, and sharing about Jesus every day during the Advent season!
It includes conversation starters, prayer prompts, and this-or-that fun. Great to do at meals or on the go!
3. Children’s Ministries Facebook Group Posts. Daily scripture and activity prompts from Parent Cue.
Follow along daily, starting Dec 1, to read the story of how God sent joy to the world with the gift of his son, Jesus.
While you’re at it, spread some joy of your on as a family!
We hope these resources help you prepare for Christmas as you journey through this Advent season together, beginning on Nov. 28!
If you’re wondering – What is Advent? This post and this video are great resources for you!
The Magnolia parking lot was full of laughter as families played carnival games, visited the “Trunk or Treat” area, painted pumpkins and so much more at Fall Family Fun Night on Oct. 29!
Watch the November week 1 episode of CM Studio News on the Children’s Ministries YouTube Channel to see the costume and “trunk” contest winners.
Our third graders received their Bibles in the Harnish Center last month.
Bible Boot Camp, where they learn more about their Bibles and how to use them, is currently underway and they are excited to face off against their parents in the Are You Smarter Than a Third Grader? event happening on Oct. 31.
Trunk or treat event with photo-op, carnival games and more!
6 – 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 29
- Trunk or Treat: Walk through the designated Trunk or Treat area to get treats from decorated cars or tents
- Best Decorated Trunk Contest: You be the judge! After getting treats at every “trunk”, you choose your favorite decorated car or tent! Top 3 winners get a prize!*
- Costume Contest: Take a photo at our photo-op area where we’ll be on the look out for best costume! Top 3 winners get a prize!*
- Carnival Games: Witch Hat Ring Toss and Ring Around the Pumpkins are just two of the five different games available to play.
- Even More Fun: Bubble Dance Party, Temporary Tattoo Station, Pumpkin Painting.
- Missions: We are joining the church-wide partnership with the Interfaith Refugee Committee to collect non-perishable food items for refugees. Items to bring for donation:
- Jasmine Rice
- Vegetable/Canola Oil
- Loose Leaf Green Tea
- Laundry Baskets
- $20 gift cards to Walmart
*Winners will be announced during CM Studio News on the Children’s Ministries YouTube channel on Nov. 5
Fun for the whole family!
To keep all our little ghouls and goblins, kings and queens safe, please follow these safety protocols:
- Stay together as a family throughout this Boo-tiful event.
- Let the Ghoul Times Roll as you use our hand sanitizing stations before and after each carnival game.
- Have a Skele-ton of fun at each “trunk” station, welcoming one family at a time.
- Witch Way to the Candy? Follow the “Trunk” signs to Trunk or Treat in number order.
- At this most Spook-tacular time of the year, all candy being passed out will be individually wrapped, store bought candy. (Nothing homemade)
- Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun! Everyone serving to pass out items will be wearing gloves.
- Happy Haunting back to your vehicle once your time slot has completed.
- RSVP here to sign up for a time slot for your family to attend this Fang-tastic event.
Want to participate as a “Trunk” for this event? Sign up here!
Want to serve at a Carnival Station? Contact Melissa.
*This is a fully outdoor event. There will be restrooms available in the Magnolia Building. Please plan accordingly.*
Questions? Contact Melissa.
New Wednesday night programming!
Kids in grades 1-5 are invited to play games and share stories as they connect with God, Friends and Fun while learning to apply faith into their daily lives.
6:15 – 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Wesley Center room 306/7.
Childcare for Kindergarten and under is available in room 201.
Questions? Ask Melissa.